Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > regedt32 or regedit for XP?

regedt32 or regedit for XP?

noobie win2k

There was a question about which command starts registry editor in
Windows XP on measureup. I selected the regedt32 (in MM's book it
states the NT/2000/XP have regedt32) command as my answer; however the
practice test on Measureup implies that I have to use the regedit
command. What is the deal?

Geoff

noobie win2k wrote:
> There was a question about which command starts registry editor in
> Windows XP on measureup. I selected the regedt32 (in MM's book it
> states the NT/2000/XP have regedt32) command as my answer; however the
> practice test on Measureup implies that I have to use the regedit
> command. What is the deal?

basicly it's down to the feature of having control over permissions
REGEDT32 was the reg editer in NT 3.xx
regedit is from win9x

regedit is now the norm, but up until winxp it had no permissions control,
hence the old regedt32 program still hanging around

i'v never had to use the permission controls in regedit ever though