Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Help Please, Driver Problems

Help Please, Driver Problems

Mozes

I'm trying to install an external CDROM, PCMCI/Parallel (Traveler 3220) to
a Libretto Laptop. The hard drive was wiped clean so I need to do this
from DOS. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Mozes

Mozes

Billy,

Thx for responding, however I already went into this BIOS and since it's a
Libretto it does not have a CD option in the BIOS.

I really don't care how I get windows install, I just hope someone can help
me get the CDROM to work.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Mozes

"Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:9K_Hb.10716$lo3.9991
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> Do you plan to use DOS as the operating system? Are you trying to use
> the CDROM as the boot device (check BIOS for boot order, prob can not
> use)?
> Why not leave it disconnected, install the OS, then the drivers?
>
> "Mozes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to install an external CDROM, PCMCI/Parallel (Traveler

>> a Libretto Laptop. The hard drive was wiped clean so I need to do

> this
>> from DOS. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
>>
>> Mozes

Mozes

Thank you for the input, however I've tried everyting you suggested, and
it still doesn't work. I get the following error: "No valid CDROM
device drivers selected". It PCMCIA is seeded in correctly and I've run
all the exe & bat files. I've also looked into the config.sys and
autoexec.bat file to make sure they are pointing in the same direction
for the CDROM, and that is not working either.

Please let me know if you have any other inputs, again thank you for your
time and efforts.

Mozes

"ImhoTech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):