Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > filtering dropdownlist control

filtering dropdownlist control

rk

Hi,
I need to provide filtering feature for the columns in
datagrid. for that I need to provide a drop down arrow
image/button in some columns and when that arrow button is
clicked, it should display the dropdownlist/listbox with
the distinct values for that column so that user can
filter the rows using those column values. can anybody
tell me how I can get the dropdown to look like an arrow
image first and then expand underneath when the user
clicks on it?

Thanks in advance,
RK.

S. Justin Gengo

RK,

Depending on the browser the client machines will be using your best bet is
probably to use DHTML. The client browsers will have to support a mix of CSS
and Javascript. Using <div></div> tags with hidden or visible styles around
the drop down lists would achieve what you are looking for.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

news:0a2501c3a5fd$fb29dec0$(E-Mail Removed)...