Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > NETBIOS grayed out

NETBIOS grayed out

natural_4u

Hello people,

Using win98
When I go into tcp/ip properties for my NIC and in the NETBIOS tab... there
is a square that says I want to enable NetBIOS over tcp/ip.

This Box is grayed out ... is there a way to un-grey this box?

*Note:

I'm trying to create a network bootdisk using PQDI... my goal is to create
an image of my current disk onto a different PC. Everything seems to be
going good during bootup but then get an error message that the NetBIOS need
to be enabled. Just wondering if the above information has anything to do
with this error.

Any PQDI or Ghost advice is appreciated

RussS

That is the default setting if you have 'Client for Microsoft Networks'
running. Remove the MS client and that box will become available.