Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Modem Woes

Re: Modem Woes

Lee

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:17:50 -0800, "Sujay L. Nazareth"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello Everyone:
>
>Maybe someone has seen the following problem and offer advice on the same.
>
>Have a client with a 1.7 Ghz Celeron. MSI Motherboard. Onboard A/V/L . 256
>DDR RAM. 56K Lucent Modem & Windows XP Pro.

I assume you checked the modem in Control Panel/Modems and it is
listed properly. Did you try the Diagnostics available there? What
were the results?

What driver are you using, the one that XP assigns? Have you searched
for another one for that model/brand modem?

Lee
Remember Noel in the addy

dave smith

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:38:37 -0800, "Sujay L. Nazareth"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I assume you checked the modem in Control Panel/Modems and it is
>> listed properly. Did you try the Diagnostics available there? What
>> were the results?

>The diagnostics showed that everything was OK and working properly.
>
>> What driver are you using, the one that XP assigns? Have you searched
>> for another one for that model/brand modem?

>Used updated drivers as well... Modem works fine in other XP machines too...

Long Shot - Check you Cmos for any setting about Modems ( sometime
they want to force your modem to com3 , which might not work for you)

Also remove any other devices in the system ( like sound cards
,network card ....) just in case in some kind of conlict ,then give it
a try

Modem woes on x64 =?Utf-8?B?YWxhc3RhaXI=?= Windows 64bit 0 08-18-2005 12:56 PM
dial-up modem woes Paul Gunson NZ Computing 6 03-05-2004 02:27 AM
Re: Modem Woes Geoff A+ Certification 0 12-22-2003 12:48 PM
Re: Modem Woes mhaase-at-springmind.com A+ Certification 1 12-22-2003 04:05 AM
XP Dialup/modem woes bAZZ NZ Computing 8 08-25-2003 08:38 PM

Advertisments