Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > sharing violation

sharing violation

natural_4u

`using windows 2000

I'm unable to delete this file.... i would alaways getr this message "there
has been a sharing violation or file may be in use" "unable to delete"

How can I delete this file? I tried in safe mode but no luck... i'll try in
command prompt.

-D-

I've had similar problems in the past and I found a great program that works
within the command shell. Try zap.exe...

http://helpdesk.kixtart.org/KixUtilsFile.asp

Place the executable in your Winnt/system32 folder. You can then use the
command c:\zap.exe <filename> and it is deleted.

Hope this helps.
-D-

"natural_4u" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> `using windows 2000
>
> I'm unable to delete this file.... i would alaways getr this message

"there
> has been a sharing violation or file may be in use" "unable to delete"
>
> How can I delete this file? I tried in safe mode but no luck... i'll try

in
> command prompt.

RussS

what is the file?

natural_4u

I went in to safe mode command promt and deleted the file. I can remember
the file extension... but I'm glad its gone.

"RussS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news26Fb.35567$(E-Mail Removed)...
> what is the file?

RussS

thats the deal. Usually crap like common name & other sheeiitt like that
hangs around until you delete it either in safe mode in DOS.

Sharing Violation Big Jim Windows 64bit 2 03-05-2010 03:26 PM
Sharing violation Tom Windows 64bit 1 09-12-2008 08:05 PM
file sharing violation. Which permission should I give to the directory and files? James ASP .Net 2 05-02-2006 05:22 PM
sharing violation file may be in use Carlos Azevedo ASP General 2 10-01-2004 04:58 PM
"sharing violation" eudora & Word moyo Computer Support 3 02-19-2004 06:18 AM

Advertisments