Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > CD Ejects on some Web Sites

CD Ejects on some Web Sites

Dilash

I recently worked on a customer's PC on which I had to completely restore
the OS using the Restore CDs. This was a Compaq computer. The customer
called me back after about a couple of weeks and complained that the CD
ejects when he goes to certain web sites. He had this problem (with so many
others) before I did the restoration too. I cannot figure out why this is
happening. Could anyone shed some light on this.

Thank you,

Dilash.

JD

"Dilash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<dX_Db.3088$(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> I recently worked on a customer's PC on which I had to completely restore
> the OS using the Restore CDs. This was a Compaq computer. The customer
> called me back after about a couple of weeks and complained that the CD
> ejects when he goes to certain web sites. He had this problem (with so many
> others) before I did the restoration too. I cannot figure out why this is
> happening. Could anyone shed some light on this.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dilash.

I believe this is due to malicious active-x controls, or at least I
know it can be done that way. Try increasing the security level or
otherwise disabling Active-x controls.

JD