Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > MS Outlook recieving duplicate message????

MS Outlook recieving duplicate message????

Tony

Hi all. I went to someone's house and showed him how to use Outlook instead of Outlook Express. He
loved the contacts and calender features. I imported all of the info from OE and all went well. I
got a call from him a few days later. I went back to his place and he showed me that he gets 2 of
every email. I told him that they were spam, which many were, but he pointed out that one or two
were from his son. SO, I sent him an email from my yahoo account and sure enough, duplicates are
received.

Any ideas?

Tony

Chris Martin

"Tony" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all. I went to someone's house and showed him how to use Outlook

instead of Outlook Express. He
> loved the contacts and calender features. I imported all of the info from

OE and all went well. I
> got a call from him a few days later. I went back to his place and he

showed me that he gets 2 of
> every email. I told him that they were spam, which many were, but he

pointed out that one or two
> were from his son. SO, I sent him an email from my yahoo account and sure

enough, duplicates are
> received.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Tony

Hi ,
Try this website you may find some help here
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

Try the Known bug's and work arounds
Same Mail message continue to be downloaded from pop 3 account link.
HTH
Regard's
Chris

Chris Martin

"Chris Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all. I went to someone's house and showed him how to use Outlook

> instead of Outlook Express. He
> > loved the contacts and calender features. I imported all of the info

from
> OE and all went well. I
> > got a call from him a few days later. I went back to his place and he

> showed me that he gets 2 of
> > every email. I told him that they were spam, which many were, but he

> pointed out that one or two
> > were from his son. SO, I sent him an email from my yahoo account and

sure
> enough, duplicates are
> > received.
> >

> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Tony

> Hi ,
> Try this website you may find some help here
> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

Sorry forgot to tell you to follow the problems link ,from the page this
link points to .
Regard's
Chris

Tony

I am using Outlook and Outlook Express. SHould that make a difference?

Tony

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:19:53 -0000, "Chris Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Chris Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi all. I went to someone's house and showed him how to use Outlook

>> instead of Outlook Express. He
>> > loved the contacts and calender features. I imported all of the info

>from
>> OE and all went well. I
>> > got a call from him a few days later. I went back to his place and he

>> showed me that he gets 2 of
>> > every email. I told him that they were spam, which many were, but he

>> pointed out that one or two
>> > were from his son. SO, I sent him an email from my yahoo account and

>sure
>> enough, duplicates are
>> > received.
>> >

>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Tony

>> Hi ,
>> Try this website you may find some help here
>> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

>Sorry forgot to tell you to follow the problems link ,from the page this
>link points to .
>Regard's
>Chris

RussS

"Tony" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all. I went to someone's house and showed him how to use Outlook

instead of Outlook Express. He
> loved the contacts and calender features. I imported all of the info from

OE and all went well. I
> got a call from him a few days later. I went back to his place and he

showed me that he gets 2 of
> every email. I told him that they were spam, which many were, but he

pointed out that one or two
> were from his son. SO, I sent him an email from my yahoo account and sure

enough, duplicates are
> received.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Tony

RussS

He doesn't have it set to leave a copy on the server does he?

Tony

It was a standard install on Outlook XP. No "leave copy on server" option checked. No MS Exchange
server involved. He had OE and all was fine. I imported it all into Outlook. He said as soon as I
left that day, he has been gettig dupes ever siince. I cant figure it out.

Tony