Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: HD Failure in progress ?

Re: HD Failure in progress ?

Jinkies

In article <HiOzb.4230$(E-Mail Removed). net>,

>2 yr old machine running Win2K. Power supply failed at 6 mo. after new. A
>couple of months ago, when starting up cold, you could hear a grinding noise
>from the HD for the first 2 minutes (heads against the platters?), then runs
>great. This past week, several hours after startup, I would come back into
>the room and had a black screen asking for a system disk. This happened 4
>different days. Today, 3 hours after startup, I noticed the screen went
>blue, a memory dump notice, then a complete reboot. Comments please.

The only time I've ever seen that exact same thing happen is when a user was
under investigation by a special hacker working for the police department who
scoured his hard drive for thousands of kiddie porn images. I'd get out of the
country right away if I were you because chances are they are planning on
putting you behind bars for a very long time.