Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: a+ exam

Re: a+ exam

Tony Sivori

Brandy wrote:

> i hear (read) you all talk about exam numbers, but i din't see my
> numbers. i'm studying a book for exam 220-201 and 220-202, hoping it's
> the right one!

What book are you using and what edition is it?

Sorry to say I think you may be studying for the old test. Make sure your
study materials say they cover the 2003 objectives. The new test codes
are:
A+ Core Hardware Exam: 220-301
A+ OS Technologies Exam: 220-302
http://www.comptia.org/certification/A/general_info.asp

--
Tony Sivori

Tony Sivori

Brandy wrote:

> i have talked to my instructor about it, he said yes, it is the old
> book, but he wants me to start with that and work forward. he does have
> a copy of the new book, i guess i'll go over that one afterwards...

That sounds like at best a rather roundabout way to learn the new
objectives. I'm not the trusting type, but maybe the instructor isn't
prepared to properly teach the new objectives. I'd be looking very
carefully at whomever you've paid (presumably) good money to get your A+.

--
Tony Sivori