Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Modem

Modem

Fernando

I have a dial up and the modem clicks and disconnects, the dial up is always
up though. I have checked all possible points in the control pannel, modem
set up, updated drivers, call the isp to get tec support but I still have
the problem....any suggestions??????? please

Walter

"Fernando" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vzXwb.3125$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a dial up and the modem clicks and disconnects, the dial up is

always
> up though. I have checked all possible points in the control pannel,

modem
> set up, updated drivers, call the isp to get tec support but I still have
> the problem....any suggestions??????? please

Is there another application/s trying to use the dial-up connection that
probably shouldnt be? If so try removing the offending app from task manager
and try again.

My 2p
HTH
Walt

David Hough

Hey Fernando

Go into Dialup-networking and get the number that it is dialing. Then
on a voice telephone, dial that number and listen. Do you hear a busy
signal, a recording, or does it just ring. Now, with that knowledge,
think, is it dialing the wrong number, is the problem at my end, or
theirs, do I have an impaired phone line.