Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Should XP be on 2001 OS exam? Please Help.

Reply
Thread Tools

Should XP be on 2001 OS exam? Please Help.

 
 
Wondering
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-26-2003
I took the OS test today (Nov 25) and failed, unfortunately.

There were a lot of xp questions on it (at least 10) and im wondering if
they messed up and gave me the new test cause the change over to new
objectives is tomorrow (26 Nov).

As far as i knew there were suppose to be no xp questions on it. If they
did mess up then how do i get them to pay for it? Any ideas?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jinkies
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-26-2003
In article <Xns943EAFC9CEBD6Dustman@24.69.255.211>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>I took the OS test today (Nov 25) and failed, unfortunately.
>
>There were a lot of xp questions on it (at least 10) and im wondering if
>they messed up and gave me the new test cause the change over to new
>objectives is tomorrow (26 Nov).
>
>As far as i knew there were suppose to be no xp questions on it. If they
>did mess up then how do i get them to pay for it? Any ideas?


Sorry to hear of your misfortune. The XP questions should not have counted
toward your score, but I don't think you have any way of knowing if they did or
not. How do you score on FreeCompTIA's practice exams? What was your score on
the CompTIA exam?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Truffles
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-26-2003
Hi Wondering,

Sorry about your results. I too took the exams today and noticed all
the XP questions and was frustrated....I had a higer score on the
hardware exam and lower on the OS exam with those questions, but
managed to pass. I thought I had read here that they integrate the
new objectives on the exams but we wouldn't be marked on those
questions...just the 2001 objectives. When my exams get registered
here I can look them up and see if they were marked as a count toward
my score or not and get back to you. It's frustrating, I found a lot
of stuff on those exams that were not in my course, or on the
practice exams, and believe me I sat doing different exams on and off
and then for 12 hrs. straight!
==============
For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Wondering
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-26-2003
(E-Mail Removed) (Truffles) wrote in news:3fc4105b$1_1
@news.athenanews.com:

> Hi Wondering,
>
> Sorry about your results. I too took the exams today and noticed all
> the XP questions and was frustrated....I had a higer score on the
> hardware exam and lower on the OS exam with those questions, but
> managed to pass. I thought I had read here that they integrate the
> new objectives on the exams but we wouldn't be marked on those
> questions...just the 2001 objectives. When my exams get registered
> here I can look them up and see if they were marked as a count toward
> my score or not and get back to you. It's frustrating, I found a lot
> of stuff on those exams that were not in my course, or on the
> practice exams, and believe me I sat doing different exams on and off
> and then for 12 hrs. straight!
> ==============
> For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com
>


Thanks for responding.

I too found there was stuff on the exam not covered in my course material.
My score was 461 (needing 469).

An extra $200 (canadian) for an exam is a huge deal for me, i had to borrow
the money in the first place. Humiliating i tell ya.

Maybe it was my fault fine but it felt like some king of scam to be honest.
Also i took it late in the day and i live on the west coast so there was no
one to call.

So i guess im screwed... I wish i could get them to give me a free exam...

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jinkies
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-27-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>


>Second (this is the part that you won't like), the A+ exam is an easy
>exam, and if you couldn't pass it, you are not ready for the
>certificate. In fact, I'd say that about 1/4 to 1/2 of those who do
>pass it really are not ready, in my mind, passing with 4xx or even a low
>5xx on an 800 point scale is absurdly loose grading standard. The
>minimum passing grade should be 70% (560) in my view.
>


I disagree entirely with Barry's conclusion for reasons I've already expressed
(let me know if you want a repeat). However, his premise that the test is easy
to pass (providing you memorize practice exams and braindumps) is true. If
you're scoring less than 95% on braindumps you should not expect to pass, it's
that simple. Sometimes the demands of life get in the way of the amount of
time we can devote to preperation, though. Try not to make the same mistake
twice.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jinkies
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-27-2003
In article <TN7xb.22934$(E-Mail Removed). net>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>I agree in large part with what you are saying. I've just started on the
>certification track and can see that they (certifications) don't have the
>value or get the respect they did a couple of years ago. Certification
>testing reminds me a lot of the College Level Equivalency Program (CLEP).
>These exams are designed to test knowledge gained on the job and through
>self study. There is no set curriculum but there is a set of
>objectives--just like the CLEP tests.


Wow I just took a look at the CLEP website and its incredible! It's way
cheaper than CompTIA certifications and the real world actually takes college
degrees seriously! I am going to go nuts with CLEP! CompTIA, good bye and
good riddence!! Thank you JBS for helping me see the light!!!!!!!!!!!!


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jinkies
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>
>"Jinkies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:FGgxb.36142$oN2.6408@edtnps84...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> >

>>
>> >Second (this is the part that you won't like), the A+ exam is an easy
>> >exam, and if you couldn't pass it, you are not ready for the
>> >certificate. In fact, I'd say that about 1/4 to 1/2 of those who do
>> >pass it really are not ready, in my mind, passing with 4xx or even a low
>> >5xx on an 800 point scale is absurdly loose grading standard. The
>> >minimum passing grade should be 70% (560) in my view.
>> >

>>
>> I disagree entirely with Barry's conclusion for reasons
>>I've already expressed

>
>Of course you do, if you agreed with Barry you would have to admit your own
>failure and accept responsibility for it.


See how well that wisdom goes over in a rape crisis center sometime, troll.

>> However, his premise that the test is easy
>> to pass (providing you memorize practice exams and braindumps) is true.

>
>Yes, its easy, no you don't have to memorize practice exams or even use
>braindumps, well perhaps YOU did, but no one has to or should.


I didn't say anyone had to, troll. I said it is easy to pass if you memorize
braindumps. Learn how to read, troll.


>
>>If
>> you're scoring less than 95% on braindumps you should not expect to pass,

>it's
>> that simple. Sometimes the demands of life get in the way of the amount

>of
>> time we can devote to preperation, though. Try not to make the same

>mistake
>> twice.
>>

>
>If you can't find time to read ONE book, then you shouldn't bother with
>certifications.



I read two 500 page A+ books, and failed the adaptive OS exam, troll.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jinkies
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>Re: ">Of course you do, if you agreed with Barry you would have to admit
>your own
> >>failure and accept responsibility for it.

>
>
>See how well that wisdom goes over in a rape crisis center sometime, troll."
>
>I'm sorry, but you are the troll.
>


No need to be sorry, Barry, because I'm not the troll!!! YIPEE!!!!


>People are not responsible for everything that happens to them. But you
>seem to be taking a position that they therefore are not responsible for
>ANYTHING that happens to them.


no that is not the position I seem to be taking because it isn't the position I
have ever taken. The position ImhoTech is taking is a misinterpretation of
social-darwinian rhetoric, which says that people are ALWAYS responsible for
anything that happens to them.

Would you like to debate cause & effect with me, Mr. Watzman? I'm well versed
in the subject.


>
>A woman does not deserve to be raped no matter what; not even if she
>consents to having sex with someone and changes her mind immediately
>prior to the act.
>
>But a person is totally responsible for their own ability to learn
>material that is "learnable" by anyone of average (or even below
>average) ability -- WITH EFFORT. It's not supposed to be "effortless".


I guess your hope here is that if you claim that the material can be learned
'with effort', even by those with a 'below average ability' (whatever that
means), you can shame me into submitting to the authority of this test. But I
know that have 'above average ability' and that I put far more effort into
studying for A+ than the stupid cert is worth, and that it I found it difficult
to pass inspite of being very familiar with the material covered in the
objectives.

I stick to my claim, the test is easy to pass if you memorize braindumps but
can be difficult to pass if you don't. I also think that some of the people
who think they passed without memorizing braindumps actually passed because
they memorized braindumps.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Repost of 2001 that got me prestigious lamer of week recognition Network Guru MCSE 39 08-11-2005 08:33 PM
Study: 400K Fewer Tech Jobs Since 2001 Ken Bishop MCSE 59 09-17-2004 08:08 PM
Java PetStore deployment fails with Cloudscape running on port 2001 Bon Bon Java 0 06-01-2004 06:30 PM
IIS5 and Sharepoint 2001 STom ASP .Net 0 02-26-2004 03:35 PM
Autoroute 2001 move between laptops PC Doc Computer Support 2 08-06-2003 12:29 AM



Advertisments