Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > OS Test Monday(11-24-2003)

OS Test Monday(11-24-2003)

Jinkies

>Failed reading comprehension eh? Let me explain it to you carefully this
>time:
>
>>People who failed
> >during the adaptive experiments have a legitimate beef, though I don't
>> >suspect CompTIA will be offering refunds.

>NO - people who failed have NO "legimate beef". People who failed need to
>take responsibility for their own failure rather than blame the technology.

Define 'responsibility' in the context you're trying to use the word. Your
arguement is based on whats known as fallacy of equivocation: shifting the
meaning of a key expression in an argument. Responsibility implies choice. A
person who fails an exam has no choice but to accept that he failed. If he
wants to pass, he has no choice but to re-test. My claim was that a person who
failed because of a substandard technology has a valid claim for a refund - my
claim was NOT that a person who failed the test should be given access to a
mechanism to dispute the grade. So if you want to talk about responsibility,
it is CompTIA's responsibility to make sure that the product they are selling
matches what they're advertising. The very nature of adaptive testing brings
that into question.

>>However, if adaptive had been a better
>> technology they would've stuck with it.

>Bullshit. Then fact that they didn't stick with has no bearing on the
>quality of the technology.

On what basis do you make this claim?

>This is purely an assumption on your part.

And your 'no bearing' claim is also purely an assumption. An assumption can be
bullshit, but is not necessarily. You have failed to demonstrate how my claim
is bullshit, you've simply declared it to be bullshit.

>>They didn't, which is probably
>> enough
>> evidence to enable a person who failed the adaptive exam to recover the
>> cost in
>> small claims court, though I doubt anyone will bother.
>>

>No, it isn't evidence at all.

Yes it is. You've decided it is not compelling evidence, but you've provided
little in the way of sound reasoning behind arriving at that decision.

Jinkies

>"Jinkies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> >

>> >Failed reading comprehension eh? Let me explain it to you carefully this
>> >time:

>> >NO - people who failed have NO "legimate beef". People who failed need to
>> >take responsibility for their own failure rather than blame the

>technology.
>> >

>You failed the test. Get over it. All your bull **** stems from your own
>inability to accept your failure.

I passed the linear exam and I am a Certified CompTIA A+ Technician just like
you are. Making up falsehoods wont win you any arguements.