Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > My "Testing" Experience

My "Testing" Experience

JesseTX

Well, here is an interesting story on my testing, or lack of,
experience.

I was scheduled to take both A+ tests this morning through Prometric
at my local New Horizons Computer Learning Center. I showed up 30
minutes prior, just as the instructions from Prometric said to do. I
told the lady I was there to take my A+ certification tests. She
says, "our testing site is closed and has been for seven weeks,
Prometric was supposed to notify everyone." She gave me the phone
number to call Prometric and let me use their phone so I could
rescedule the tests at a different location.

I called Prometric, and after a while on hold, I was finally able to
speak with someone. They said, yes the New Horizon's testing site is
closed and we notified you via e-mail and with a postcard that you
needed to rescedule.

So anyway, I am now scheduled to take both tests on Nov 19th at a
different location.

One interesting thing to note, is the lady from Prometric said I had
to take my tests by Nov 25th, because my vouchers were for the old
test objectives, and couldn't be used for the new objectives. I was
under the impression that vouchers were good for a year. In fact, the
e-mail I got from Prometric when I scheduled in October says the
"Registration expiration date" is Oct 9, 2004. I just got another
confirmation e-mail with my new testing information, and it also says
the expiration date is Oct 9, 2004. I did question her when she said
I needed to test before the 25th, but didn't argue the point with her.
It wasn't a big deal to me, as I want to test under the current
objectives since that is what I studied for. But just to let others
know, if you bought vouchers already, you may want to check to see if
they are valid for the new tests that come out on November 26th.

It's also interesting to note that New Horizon's closed for testing 7
weeks ago, that would have been around October 1st. Yet, Prometric
let me schedule my tests there on October 9th. Also, after I spoke
with Prometric, the person from New Horizon's got on the phone with
them and explained how they have people showing up every other day
looking to test. So apparently Prometric didn't notify eveyone who
was scheduled to test there like they claim they did.

Pat

> I was scheduled to take both A+ tests this morning through Prometric
> at my local New Horizons Computer Learning Center. I showed up 30
> minutes prior, just as the instructions from Prometric said to do. I
> told the lady I was there to take my A+ certification tests. She
> says, "our testing site is closed and has been for seven weeks,
> Prometric was supposed to notify everyone." She gave me the phone
> number to call Prometric and let me use their phone so I could
> rescedule the tests at a different location.

Jesse, where are you located? I am hoping you won't say Dallas.

Pat in TX

JesseTX

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:39:32 -0600, "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jesse, where are you located? I am hoping you won't say Dallas.
>
>Pat in TX

San Antonio

blue

I tested with New Horizons in Des Moines in both September and October
(the 30th). So, it's not all New Horizons.

I also called ahead after scheduling to make sure they knew of my
testing date and time.

I would suggest to anyone who is scheduled to call your testing center
to make sure they have you on their list. Also, it is a bad time to
test... with 2001 going out and 2003 objectives coming in. I'm sure
there are a lot more problems we will hear about in the next week.

blue

Experience Beta 2 Kit Elvis ASP .Net 1 07-27-2005 11:39 AM
Samsung Experience (6.17.05) Event Coverage at XYZ Computing Silverstrand Front Page News 3 06-26-2005 07:10 AM
OPINIONS/EXPERIENCE PLEASE: Wireless Network Adapters and Base Stations of different brands Jimmy Dean Wireless Networking 2 02-22-2005 02:42 PM
Storable - Anyone with experience with this perl mod? Harsha Perl 1 09-11-2004 07:39 PM
Is there a person who I experience absurd event that experience? PS2 gamer Cisco 4 06-01-2004 07:52 PM

Advertisments