Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > New website

New website

Mike Meyers

Hi All-

Long time, no see! I've been incredibly busy the last few months making
all the changes to the A+ books as well as all those extras you guys
demand like teacher's guides, lab manuals and all kinds of other stuff.

If you didn't already know my 5th edition is on the shelves. It's -
beautiful. Well, at least I think so.

Anyway, with the A+ winding down I'm able to get back online. But I've
realized that for the last few years I've been unable to keep up with
the rounds of going from website to website as well as the newsgroups.
To make my life easier, I've opened a new website that's just for me and
the stuff I want to talk about - and that certainly includes A+, Net+
and other certifications!

So, I'd like to invite you to come say Hi! over at my new website -
www.slammo.net. I'll be posting cutting edge certification news,
pontificating about almost any topic under the sun and basically having
a good time.

Come by and check it out. It's still in tweaking stage so I'm very
interested in you opinions.

Mike

Doss

I find the site characters hard to read because of the dark letters
and background. Making one of the two lighter would greatly increase
the usability. In lieu of that, maybe you could do something like
Andrew Sullivan does at his website (andrewsullivan.com) where he has
a link near the top of the page to change his site from having a black
background to one with a white background, making for a much easier
read.

I'm studying your fourth edition right now, but looks like I'll have
to get the fifth one also. Great book! I'm looking forward to learning
a lot at your website.

Mike Meyers

Thanks for the input guys.

Mike

"Mike Meyers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gmesb.47006$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hi All-
>
> Long time, no see! I've been incredibly busy the last few months making
> all the changes to the A+ books as well as all those extras you guys
> demand like teacher's guides, lab manuals and all kinds of other stuff.
>
> If you didn't already know my 5th edition is on the shelves. It's -
> beautiful. Well, at least I think so.
>
> Anyway, with the A+ winding down I'm able to get back online. But I've
> realized that for the last few years I've been unable to keep up with
> the rounds of going from website to website as well as the newsgroups.
> To make my life easier, I've opened a new website that's just for me and
> the stuff I want to talk about - and that certainly includes A+, Net+
> and other certifications!
>
> So, I'd like to invite you to come say Hi! over at my new website -
> www.slammo.net. I'll be posting cutting edge certification news,
> pontificating about almost any topic under the sun and basically having
> a good time.
>
> Come by and check it out. It's still in tweaking stage so I'm very
> interested in you opinions.
>
> Mike

thicksole

Hi all --

I'm the guy that's helping Mike out with the SLAMMO.net site. Thanks for
the comments. Tonight I added some different "themes" and a theme changer
that will allow you to choose the look you like. One of the new looks is
called "white pointer" -- my personal favorite...

I'm doing a lot of this (well, all of it) on the fly -- so I really
appreciate the feedback on how to make it better.

Best,
PM, A+

"Mike Meyers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<_dusb.190$(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> Thanks for the input guys.
>
> Mike
>
> "Mike Meyers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gmesb.47006$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Hi All-
> >
> > Long time, no see! I've been incredibly busy the last few months making
> > all the changes to the A+ books as well as all those extras you guys
> > demand like teacher's guides, lab manuals and all kinds of other stuff.
> >
> > If you didn't already know my 5th edition is on the shelves. It's -
> > beautiful. Well, at least I think so.
> >
> > Anyway, with the A+ winding down I'm able to get back online. But I've
> > realized that for the last few years I've been unable to keep up with
> > the rounds of going from website to website as well as the newsgroups.
> > To make my life easier, I've opened a new website that's just for me and
> > the stuff I want to talk about - and that certainly includes A+, Net+
> > and other certifications!
> >
> > So, I'd like to invite you to come say Hi! over at my new website -
> > www.slammo.net. I'll be posting cutting edge certification news,
> > pontificating about almost any topic under the sun and basically having
> > a good time.
> >
> > Come by and check it out. It's still in tweaking stage so I'm very
> > interested in you opinions.
> >
> > Mike

Ronnie Broyles

Mike,
I liked the site. I felt it was easy to use, and manuever through. I felt
that the background color was cool, and that the theme changer was great.

New Website or New Project? Ronald S. Cook ASP .Net 6 12-27-2007 04:07 PM
New Python website, new documentation ? 1024nospam@freesurf.fr Python 4 03-31-2006 08:17 AM
Website on a website. Shawn ASP .Net 3 01-15-2006 04:58 AM
deploying website or copying website? Flip ASP .Net 1 11-22-2005 06:25 PM

Advertisments