Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Problem

Problem

havinfun69nospam@yahoo.com

I have a clone PC with a Leadtek Mobo that apparently reboots for no
good reason. Could this be a power supply problem?

Gary

R.A.D.

It could be a cooling issue
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a clone PC with a Leadtek Mobo that apparently reboots for no
> good reason. Could this be a power supply problem?
>
> Gary

hootnholler

Hey Gary,

Yep, it could be a psu, but it could also be a few other things...

First thing I can suggest trying to do, is download motherboard monitor 5.
It will tell you cpu temps and voltages, if that particular motherboard is
supported. If the temps are up there, it's a cooling issue, obviously. If
the voltages on the 12, 5 and 3.3 rail are outside of +/- 10%, that could
definitely point to a psu. If all seems to be fine... try a memory tester
from microsoft, or from simmtester.com. Let it run through it's paces.

After that, probably the next leading reason why a pc reboots without
warning, remove the NIC if installed. For some reason, they like to exhibit
this behavior...

If after all that, and it still does it, start charging these people by the
hour ... You'll be updating drivers, etc.. until you can narrow down to
the problematic hardware. Could be most anything causing this...

Hoot

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a clone PC with a Leadtek Mobo that apparently reboots for no
> good reason. Could this be a power supply problem?
>
> Gary

Pat

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a clone PC with a Leadtek Mobo that apparently reboots for no
> good reason. Could this be a power supply problem?
>
> Gary

This sounds like a virus. Check that aspect out first.

Pat