Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Data Recovery

Data Recovery

Magnum

How would I go about offering data recovery to my customers?
What software/hardware would I need, and how would the recovery be performed?

Rob, A+

Geoff

Magnum wrote:
> How would I go about offering data recovery to my customers?
> What software/hardware would I need, and how would the recovery be
> performed?
>
> Rob, A+

i don't think that would be a good idea
you can do basic file recovery, like, putting a hard drive in another
computer to access it
or maybe swapping the board on the hard drive to get it working

after that it gets more advanced, like removing the disk platters on a new
motor and changing the heads
and then having currupt data which you have to construct manualy in the case
of the platters being damaged (if you want to go this far you need a multi
million dollor clean room for starters )

Slammer

You might want to get a little more then A+, under your belt first, computer
forensics is pretty involved.

--
Slammer
MCSA, CNA5, iNet+, Server+, Net+, A+,

Ghost

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Magnum) wrote:

> How would I go about offering data recovery to my customers?
> What software/hardware would I need, and how would the recovery be performed?
>
> Rob, A+

Well, first I might suggest you actually learn a little something about
data recovery... There is much more to it than simply running a undelete
program.