Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > How do I reinstall direct X?

How do I reinstall direct X?

Walter

Hi yoos tekheds,

I thought this wood bee the place to ask, so how doos I remove/re-install
direct X.
I have a problem with a joystick.
Its not the sound card or joystic as both work together perfectly in another
machine and used to work in the one with the trouble.
I think a newer direct x got installed when putting some games on the pc.

Walter

--
Watch out for the Spam-Trap.
To reply to me direct, remove NOSPAM

Kenny

Don't think DirectX can be uninstalled. To check functioning type "dxdiag"
in the Run box. Could try downloading latest version and installing "over
the top".

--

Kenny

"Walter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:y2Gqb.1223$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi yoos tekheds,
>
> I thought this wood bee the place to ask, so how doos I remove/re-install
> direct X.
> I have a problem with a joystick.
> Its not the sound card or joystic as both work together perfectly in

another
> machine and used to work in the one with the trouble.
> I think a newer direct x got installed when putting some games on the pc.
>
> Walter
>
> --
> Watch out for the Spam-Trap.
> To reply to me direct, remove NOSPAM

Walter

news:bognj3$1ehn4e$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Don't think DirectX can be uninstalled. To check functioning type

"dxdiag"
> in the Run box. Could try downloading latest version and installing "over
> the top".
>
> --
>
> Kenny
>

> "Walter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:y2Gqb.1223$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi yoos tekheds,
> >
> > I thought this wood bee the place to ask, so how doos I

remove/re-install
> > direct X.
> > I have a problem with a joystick.
> > Its not the sound card or joystic as both work together perfectly in

> another
> > machine and used to work in the one with the trouble.
> > I think a newer direct x got installed when putting some games on the

pc.

> > Walter
> >
> > --
> > Watch out for the Spam-Trap.
> > To reply to me direct, remove NOSPAM

Cheers for that,
I physically removed the sound card along with its reference and drivers in
DM, checked card in other pc, worked fine. Re-installed card back in other
pc booted up and card,drivers now work fine.
My son is over the moon as he can once again thrash the living daylights out
of the joystick.
ps He is only 3 and is very pc savvy too..