Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > OE/Hotmail problem

OE/Hotmail problem

Lee

Hi fellow techs,
I've tried the MS support newsgroups on this one and no one can offer
a solution. Maybe you can.

1. User has a Hotmail account he has always retrieved mail from using
OE6. On 9/16 it suddenly stopped sending or picking up Hotmail,
though several other accounts in OE (various Pop and Yahoo) continued
working fine.

2. User switched to Oulook2002 thinking that might solve it. Set up
Hotmail new there rather than importing settings. OL2002 won't pick up
Hotmail either!

3. User tried emptying out his Hotmail account online and also
emptying the OE folders. No go. Thinking it might be a problem on the
Hotmail side, I had him create a whole new account and set that up in
OE, too. No go.

4. I have reviewed the settings in OE and they are correct. However,
when he hits the Send/Rec button, nothing happens... there is little
or nothing that is sent or received at all. Appears to be no response
from the Hotmail server.

5. Client has Zone Alarm 4.0 and NAV2003, both current, and uses a
satellite connection up and down. I reviewed ZA and found no blocks,
but removed it anyway. I checked NAV and found no hinderances, but
shut it down anyway. Still, there was NO response from Hotmail.
Thinking it might be the satellite connection, I switched over to
his back-up dial-up service. OE would retrieve all other accounts, but
not Hotmail.

Does anyone have any suggestions on solving this problem?

Thanks,

Lee
Remember Noel in the addy

hootnholler

Hi Lee,

I'm not sure if this will answer your question, but msn did some major
revamping to their services around that time. The main one, they made their
chats be a 'pay to use' service, while disconnecting people from around the
world... I used their chats for about 4 years previous to this, and for
some reason, when the chats would go 'goofy', the hotmail services would
also.

I'm guessing that msn may have altered some of the settings to hotmail
(passport) and may not allow that type of entry to hotmail. It's worth
checking out, but I don't check my hotmail via OE...

Hoot

news:(E-Mail Removed)...