Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Game controller problems

Game controller problems

Walter Trout

Hi,

I have a number of game controllers, gamepads and joysticks that I connect
to the game port, NOT usb. (Only one at a time obviously)

Problem they are no longer being detected. Where as they used to.

When in 'Gaming Options' Add etc the status is reported as 'NOT CONNECTED',
the drivers are installed as per instructions for device.

Could it be a defective sound card? It is an old ISA one I must confess, pc
is used by my toddler son so is pretty ancient anyway.
specs:- P200mmx on an AT mobo with 192Mb RAM WinME installed.

Also, I have USB Gamepad that no longer works on my pc following an upgrade
in OS from ME to XPpro. Any ideas?

TIA
Walter

--
To reply to me direct, remove NOSPAM.

Kenny

On the WinME PC do the devices show in Device Manager? On the XP PC have
you installed SP1?

--

Kenny

"Walter Trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsmBob.88$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a number of game controllers, gamepads and joysticks that I connect
> to the game port, NOT usb. (Only one at a time obviously)
>
> Problem they are no longer being detected. Where as they used to.
>
> When in 'Gaming Options' Add etc the status is reported as 'NOT

CONNECTED',
> the drivers are installed as per instructions for device.
>
> Could it be a defective sound card? It is an old ISA one I must confess,

pc
> is used by my toddler son so is pretty ancient anyway.
> specs:- P200mmx on an AT mobo with 192Mb RAM WinME installed.
>
> Also, I have USB Gamepad that no longer works on my pc following an

upgrade
> in OS from ME to XPpro. Any ideas?
>
> TIA
> Walter
>
> --
> To reply to me direct, remove NOSPAM.

Walter Trout

news:bo068q$169l7u$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> On the WinME PC do the devices show in Device Manager? On the XP PC have
> you installed SP1?

On ME pc the soundcard and associated items, ie joystick,midi,WSS appear in
DM.
SP1 is installed on XP pc.