Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Total Recorder

Total Recorder

Phil Walton

I've just got a copy of total recorder 3.4 and can only seem to be
able to record as wave files. I would be gratefull if anyone could shed any
light on how to record as MP3. Cheers

Shadooby

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,

>"Phil Walton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:bnglp9$1k1$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I've just got a copy of total recorder 3.4 and can only
>> seem to be
>> able to record as wave files. I would be gratefull if anyone could
>> shed any light on how to record as MP3. Cheers

>What I usually do is use LAME with the RazorLame frontend which will
>convert any WAV file into a MP3 file with any bit rate and frequency
>you specify. It's freeware and very good:
>http://www.mp3-converter.com/encoders/lame_encoder2.htm

I believe with the latest versions of Total Recorder you can specify an
mp3 codec such as LAME as your output, which in Phil's case would bypass the
need for using the Razor front end, and save him the hassle of recording the
files twice.

Barry Watzman

Normally, you don't create MP3's directly, you first create a Wave file
and then convert it to an MP3. There are some specific cases in which
specific programs create MP3 files directly, but that not the most
general way in which MP3's are created.