Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Recording Music

Recording Music

Phil Walton

Are there any known free packages to download for recording
streamed music from the internet. All the ones i've tried are all either
trial versions or shareware which only let me record 60 seconds and im after
at least 90 mins. Any help would be greatly apreaciated.

Barry Watzman

The best product is probably "Total Recorder", but it's not free,
although I believe that it is relatively inexpensive. It can make a
recording of anything coming out of the sound card from a digital source
(e.g. wave file). I believe that it works by intercepting the digital
stream going to the sound card, hence the recording is digital with no
quality degradation.

Phil Walton wrote:

> Are there any known free packages to download for recording
> streamed music from the internet. All the ones i've tried are all either
> trial versions or shareware which only let me record 60 seconds and im after
> at least 90 mins. Any help would be greatly apreaciated.

q w

The software that comes with Creative Live Blaster 5.1 contains <Creative
Recorder>.
You have to choose the option "what you hear".
That record and save files in .wav format.
I bought this sound card for $38 including the software and it worths every
single penny.
There is also a software called <Live Sound Recorder>
from www.sound-recorder-software.com.
There is a shareware version available for download and you can buy it for
$19.95.
Here is it's <readme>
"Live Sound Recorder records your computer's audio streaming
into WAV and MP3 format. It supports recording sound from
internet audio streaming, sound generated by other computer
programs such as Winamp, Window Media Player, Quich Time, Real Player,
Flash, Games, etc, and sound directly from your microphone."
I don't know any freebies.

news:bnegb0$vba$(E-Mail Removed)...