Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Hypothetical

Hypothetical

Some Guy

Hi.

Lets assume I know very little about computers and how they work and such,
but I am very interested in learning. Would I be able to read the new AIO
and be able to understand them at the level that is expected that an A+
certified person would know (i know A+ isn't worth nearly as much as it used
to be)?

I want to become A+ certified. Not to get a job as a tech or anything, but
just as like a final exam for myself to prove to myself I know what I'm
doing. I don't know that much about computers right now, but i know more
than the hypothetical above.

What I would like to know is:

Can I teach myself a lot about computers by reading the new AIO or will I
get run over by the material and effectively waste my money?

thx
Jesse

Tony Sivori

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:59:54 -0400, Some Guy wrote:

> Lets assume I know very little about computers and how they work and
> such, but I am very interested in learning. Would I be able to read the
> new AIO and be able to understand them at the level that is expected
> that an A+ certified person would know (i know A+ isn't worth nearly as
> much as it used to be)?

<snip>

> Can I teach myself a lot about computers by reading the new AIO or will
> I get run over by the material and effectively waste my money?

It depends on your persistence and your aptitude.

If you try it, I strongly recommend getting some hands on experience. Have
a least two computers at your disposal, and disassemble and reassemble the
least valuable one. I'd also wipe the hard drive and get some practice at
installing Windows. You also would benefit from having a 9x machine, and a
2000 or XP machine. Having all three to practice on would be ideal, and
you could multiboot one of the machines to get three OSes on two machines.
Networking them by Ethernet and TCP/IP would also be educational.

--
Tony Sivori

Tom MacIntyre

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:47:08 GMT, iNF <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>What is the AIO???

Mike Meyers' All-In-One.

Tom