Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Office 2000 and Windows XP

Office 2000 and Windows XP

JJ

I am planning on buying and installing Windows XP Pro, but cannot afford
Office XP.Question? Can I install my old Office 2000 Pro into Windows XP Pro
O.S. no problem or conflicts? thanks

PJS

"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uoIkb.7686$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am planning on buying and installing Windows XP Pro, but cannot afford
> Office XP.Question? Can I install my old Office 2000 Pro into Windows XP

Pro
> O.S. no problem or conflicts? thanks

Yes, no problem. The "XP" in Office just means it is the latest (until this
week, that is). Any of the recent versions will run on the XP OS.

Pete

Newt

"PJS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fuIkb.36290$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uoIkb.7686$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am planning on buying and installing Windows XP Pro, but cannot afford
> > Office XP.Question? Can I install my old Office 2000 Pro into Windows XP

> Pro
> > O.S. no problem or conflicts? thanks
> >

> Yes, no problem. The "XP" in Office just means it is the latest (until

this
> week, that is). Any of the recent versions will run on the XP OS.
>
> Pete

Confirm previous poster YES, I use WinXPpro with Office 2000 premium no
problems at all

C. Philip Cutler II

Not to sound bad, but you can install any version of office onto XP if you
want, you can run Office 95 if you want to, I know several people who do,
they have proprietary databases that only work with the version of Access
from 95.
If software can run under about any Windows 95-2000, it will more than
likely run under XP but not 2000. I have some games I can't use on 2000 but
that' okay .

Philip

"Newt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4SQkb.3099$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PJS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fuIkb.36290$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:uoIkb.7686$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I am planning on buying and installing Windows XP Pro, but cannot

afford
> > > Office XP.Question? Can I install my old Office 2000 Pro into Windows

XP
> > Pro
> > > O.S. no problem or conflicts? thanks
> > >

> > Yes, no problem. The "XP" in Office just means it is the latest (until

> this
> > week, that is). Any of the recent versions will run on the XP OS.
> >
> > Pete
> >

> Confirm previous poster YES, I use WinXPpro with Office 2000 premium no
> problems at all

jt

I've installed Office 2000 Pro on XP Home and Pro systems and the apps all
have been working with no problems for the last several months.
cheers,
jt