Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: System File Checker - XP

Re: System File Checker - XP

jt

Thanks Adam. I hadn't seen any mention before that the DLLCACHE also got
updated. That's reassuring and makes sense.

As a side note, what about old programs that I load to use with XP? Do they
sometimes have older versions of DLLs, etc that might over-write the newer
ones on the system? And then will the older programs work okay with the
newer DLLs if I then go back and run SFC and update those DLLs? Or am I
getting paranoid....

And finally, I'm not sure what you mean by "...slipstream it into your
existing...", and how would you go about that?

Thanks again, jt

news:(E-Mail Removed) et...