Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Problem with IE

Problem with IE

Dan Dawson

Hello,

When I open the internet explorer, a websit always pop up. I went and
changed the default page in the "Properties", but the default page
automatically changes back to that particular web site. It is too anoying. I
tried clearing the history and Temporary Internet Files.

Anyone could help me out.

Thanks in Advance.

Dan.

Hill Street Blues

In article <tAfkb.4948$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hello,
>
> When I open the internet explorer, a websit always pop up. I went and
> changed the default page in the "Properties", but the default page
> automatically changes back to that particular web site. It is too anoying. I
> tried clearing the history and Temporary Internet Files.
>
> Anyone could help me out.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Dan.

Sounds like Spyware. Go to: http://security.kolla.de/news.php?lang=en
and download spybot. It's Free. Make sure to read the documentation.
Hope this helps.

Dan Dawson

Thanks a Lot!

It really works, and did things more than I expected. When I opened "My
Compter", it was giving me an error and
http://security.kolla.de/news.php?lang=en solved this problem too. It is
well worth to donate some bucks and support these developers.

Thanks again!!

Dan.

"Ob][W@N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qXikb.2855$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Or go to http://lavasoftusa.com and download adaware it is also free and
> will remove any spyware.
>
> Geoff
> A+, Network+
>
> "Hill Street Blues" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > In article <tAfkb.4948$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > When I open the internet explorer, a websit always pop up. I went and
> > > changed the default page in the "Properties", but the default page
> > > automatically changes back to that particular web site. It is too

> anoying. I
> > > tried clearing the history and Temporary Internet Files.
> > >
> > > Anyone could help me out.
> > >
> > > Thanks in Advance.
> > >
> > > Dan.
> > >

> > Sounds like Spyware. Go to: http://security.kolla.de/news.php?lang=en
> > and download spybot. It's Free. Make sure to read the documentation.
> > Hope this helps.

jonny bravo

Running Spybot and Ad Aware simultaneously is probably the best route...
They work together very nicely...
--
Jonny Bravo
Some Do, Some Don't, Some Will, Some Won't...I Might...

---

Ronnie Broyles

you should also get a pop up blocker--I am using AdSubtract, and adaware.
When I tried spybot S&D it crashed my system so I stopped using it.

Contrary to what MS says--XP does not play well with some software.

"jonny bravo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CzVkb.2800$P%(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> Running Spybot and Ad Aware simultaneously is probably the best route...
> They work together very nicely...
> --
> Jonny Bravo
> Some Do, Some Don't, Some Will, Some Won't...I Might...
> http://www.boneheadgrafix.com
>

> ---

youngstr11

Spybot works just fine on XP

"Ronnie Broyles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:F8zlb.224$(E-Mail Removed)...
> you should also get a pop up blocker--I am using AdSubtract, and adaware.
> When I tried spybot S&D it crashed my system so I stopped using it.
>
> Contrary to what MS says--XP does not play well with some software.
>

> "jonny bravo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CzVkb.2800$P%(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> > Running Spybot and Ad Aware simultaneously is probably the best route...
> > They work together very nicely...
> > --
> > Jonny Bravo
> > Some Do, Some Don't, Some Will, Some Won't...I Might...
> > http://www.boneheadgrafix.com
> >

> > ---

Dan Dawson

I have already downloaded AdAware, but I don't see a pop up blocker. Is it a
special plug in? or do I have to get the Plus or Professional version of it?