Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > MS-RAMDRIVE

MS-RAMDRIVE

Raymond

What is a MS-RAMDRIVE? After I partitioned and formatted my hard drive into
a one big C drive, I thought the D drive is my cdrom drive but it is not.
The D drive is my MS-Ramdrive, and the E drive is actually my cdrom drive.
I was kinda surprise. Can anyone explain this concept?

Thanks

bill

during installation the setup (win me onwards) creates a "drive" in RAM.
files for the setup are copied to this drive to aid and speed up the setup.
after install your cd-rom be be D

"Raymond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is a MS-RAMDRIVE? After I partitioned and formatted my hard drive

into
> a one big C drive, I thought the D drive is my cdrom drive but it is not.
> The D drive is my MS-Ramdrive, and the E drive is actually my cdrom drive.
> I was kinda surprise. Can anyone explain this concept?
>
> Thanks

BobZilla

Yup,
I think w98 floppy startup disc's did the same thing but it's been awhile
since I used one.

"bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:R4ujb.153060$(E-Mail Removed)...
> during installation the setup (win me onwards) creates a "drive" in RAM.
> files for the setup are copied to this drive to aid and speed up the

setup.
> after install your cd-rom be be D
>

> "Raymond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What is a MS-RAMDRIVE? After I partitioned and formatted my hard drive

> into
> > a one big C drive, I thought the D drive is my cdrom drive but it is

not.
> > The D drive is my MS-Ramdrive, and the E drive is actually my cdrom

drive.
> > I was kinda surprise. Can anyone explain this concept?
> >
> > Thanks

Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:06:43 -0400, "BobZilla" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Yup,
>I think w98 floppy startup disc's did the same thing but it's been awhile
>since I used one.

99...no, since it's W98...98% positive you're right.

Tom