Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Window xp and startup disk

Window xp and startup disk

Raymond

How relevant is startup disk when you use window xp? Is startup disk still
relevant anymore with more advanced os? How and Can I create a startup disk
in window xp?

Thanks

Newt

"Raymond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How relevant is startup disk when you use window xp? Is startup disk

still
> relevant anymore with more advanced os? How and Can I create a startup

disk
> in window xp?
>
> Thanks

Your XP CD is bootable and can be used the same way as a you used the old
floppy boot disk. Recovery Console etc.....
If you wish to make a floppy boot disk. In windows explorer, right click on
the A:drive (with disk in drive) choose FORMAT in OPTIONS choose Creata
MSDOS startup disk.

HTH
Sim

Blam

Keep one around just incase and make sure it has format and fdisk on it. If
you ever need to do something to an xp machine it'll be the only one that
works well.

startup disk pat Computer Support 2 01-12-2005 06:02 PM
i/o disk error - startup problem awfullynice Computer Support 11 10-07-2004 06:12 PM
weird disk activity at startup WCH Computer Support 2 07-08-2004 05:29 PM
Emergency Startup Disk Prezi Computer Support 6 01-18-2004 04:02 AM
ebd file missing m/s startup disk J&C Houghton Computer Support 2 09-25-2003 04:17 AM

Advertisments