Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > VUE and Prometric

VUE and Prometric

Gones

Sorry to ask this stupid question again

Although this topic has been address a thousand times before but it
seems like a good number of people still in dark so will you be kind
enough to explain step by step

1.What test vouchers do? ( I guess work like Coupons)
2.why buying in bundle means ?( Buying for both at same times)
3.What the difference between VUE and Prometric?
4.How soon can you register for test?
5.Will people who have studied the old curriculum be able to take the
test after Dec 2003?
6.What will the Final cost to take both tests?

David Hough

regarding #3 the difference is distance. One of them is closer to you.

C. Philip Cutler II

1. Test vouchers are sort of like coupons but not totally, they are vouchers
for a test, like a concert ticket bought at a discount store versus at
ticketmaster. You get the same seat just a cheaper price.

2. Buying a bundle means you are buying in groups of 10/50/100 for a cheaper
price by buying volume, contact CompTIA for prices on those groups, they are
for organizations/companies mostly, why would an individual need 10 vouchers
for the A+ test when you only need to take it once, and need 2 vouchers
only.

3. See previous post, Distance and location of the facility, Think (what's
the difference between McDonalds and Burger King, distance (food aside).

4. Since the company that you bought the voucher from bought them within
the last month or two hopefully. They are already known to CompTIA, and
since CompTIA sells them they are already active at the time of sale. So you
can use them immediately.

5. Since CompTIA only gives the public the listing of what is on the test
(current version) your question is kind of moot, sure you can take the test
on the old curriculum, but you probably won't pass because the requirements
have changed. (think could you go take a physics test now based on what you
did in high school, yes, probably but would you do good cause your knowledge
is weak/forgotten/old).

6. Define Total Cost Just the cost of the 2 tests? I think the tests
cost like $145 each. So the costs for the 2 tests: $290 (plus gas, bus
pass, plane ticket - how ever you get there). Or go the voucher path,
Vouchers from Total Seminars (http://www.totalsem.com) 2 vouchers Price:
198.99. Or if you mean training then that's voucher price plus your
training route which can be thousands.

Philip

"Gones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Sorry to ask this stupid question again
>
> Although this topic has been address a thousand times before but it
> seems like a good number of people still in dark so will you be kind
> enough to explain step by step
>
> 1.What test vouchers do? ( I guess work like Coupons)
> 2.why buying in bundle means ?( Buying for both at same times)
> 3.What the difference between VUE and Prometric?
> 4.How soon can you register for test?
> 5.Will people who have studied the old curriculum be able to take the
> test after Dec 2003?
> 6.What will the Final cost to take both tests?

Gones

Thank you guys....!

Network+ voucher

Hello Guy!!!!

I passed A+ Exam!!!!

I got discounted voucher from www.Getcertified4less.com for only US $95.
and two vouchers for only 188

I was able to get more discount when I used
Poromtion code <b>1188 </b>

Good Luck