Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Dialing and modem Problems

Dialing and modem Problems

teak

Modem sure is tough to work with, my modem dials out and goes through
several phone numbers for conection. Usually with one I get a loud
whining sound rather the the handshake sound. No matter what, the
modem never connects. Sometimes I get-Network Problem.
What's the dealio?

Thanks
Tino

Grant Turri-Petrie

Try deleting your dialups (all of them), and then setup a new one. If this
doesn't work, go into the device manager and delete the modem, then reboot
the machine - this should re-install the drivers (you may need to have the
driver disk handy, or somehow download the latest ones), and try again. If
the above don't work, it could indicate that the modem is faulty - go a get
a new one... they are cheap enough these days not to waste a lot of time on.

Cheers,
Grant

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...