Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > D-Link Wireless Problem in Win2k

D-Link Wireless Problem in Win2k

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZWsxMw==?=

Got a D-Link Wireless card G 510(I think without taking it out of desktop to
check). Works fine.... but only when logged into PC as Administrator. If I
boot up and log in as a user without admin rights, then although the PC can
see the hardware, windows won't use the adapter - and no network connexion.
If I then log out and log in as admin, the wireless card works. If I look in
the event log I see that TCPIP starts just after I log in as administrator.
Once this service has started, if I log out and log in as a user again, the
card and the network work.

What do I need to do to enable any user without admin rights to log in from
boot and use the system? This is a vanalla new install Win2k.... I've
posted this in the Win2k security Group -but they say e-mail D-Link and ask
here. I've e-mailed and phoned D-Link - who get zero for customer service -
and who can't help if it's not on their script.....

Thanks