Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > PC Techs

PC Techs

Pops

I am the lead PC Technician for a large multi hospital network of about 1000
pc's with 3 locations plus 45 Doctors offices. We recently went through a
reduction in force and lost a couple of PC Techs. We are struggling to keep
up with the work load now.

My superiors are talking about adding another PC Tech but they are having a
hard time convincing administration. Right now we have 3 PC Technicians.

Several months ago I saw a post on this newsgroup that said 4 PC Technicians
is sort of an industry standard for a network with about 1000 pc's.

I would appreciate it if some of you Network Administrator types and PC
Technicians would weigh in here and let me know what you think about our
staffing. I would also like to know how your organization is staffed.

Thanks

Pops
A+
Network+

youngstr11

This all depends on what you are doing in house,Example I used to work at a
VAMC and they had a full time xerox person that was not on there staff,
There were many less printer problems for the techs to deal with so they did
not have as much of a workload. I now work for a trucking company and we
have 24 remote locations and aprox 1000 users but we do everything from
running linux to design and administration of lotus notes databases, we have
2 network administrators, 1 citrix admin, 2 pc admin and I help out when I
am not working with our 750 mobile devices and there communications cradles

news:62Kgb.26816$(E-Mail Removed). ..