Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Why so much nastiness

Why so much nastiness

rock

Why so much nastiness here when all are supposed to be techs, or at
least tech wannabe's?
Now, if I am not mistaken, we are supposed to be customer service
oriented, and should be calm and respectful to everyone, even when
what we would really like to do is at times choke the living crud out
of some of them, all the techs I have known in my life, and it has
been a long life so far, have been kind people who really want to help
another with their problems....

But here there are some who seem to get a perverse thrill at being as
nasty as they can with everyone and thus showing a very sad lack of
maturity.

Most who come here come to learn, and ask questions.
Is it your right to belittle them because they don't know the answer?
Is it your right to rant and rave at them, and to call them bad names?
Is it your right to talk down to them and treat them like so much
crap?
Are you so much of a tech GOD that you don't have time to do anything
but be mean and nasty, instead of passing your knowledge down to the
next person?

Isen't that what this newsgroup was formed for, to pass on the
knowledge, and not your general ire over your life path?

Come on people, even you do not have all of the answers, don't waste
bandwidth showing your ignorance by posting nastygrams that have
nothing to do with the questions except trying to show your supposed
prowess in verbal abuse, or written as the case may be.

It is not hard being a mean and nasty person, it is absurdly easy.
It is much harder to suck it up and come back with a smile, and an
anwer that actually corrects the problem and gets the job done!

I appologize to anyone who takes umbrage at my little open note, but I
am so tired of reading umpty little nasty posts to get to the meat of
the matter, as far as i can tell there are no stupid people here.

The Pugmaster

I agree too, we don't need flame wars.

The Pugmaster

"Kathy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I agree with you, but actually we all get along here. Yeah, once in a while
there tends to be disagreements that do get out of hand, but thats the way
it is on usenets. Some things that are said can be very hurtful, but you
can't take it to heart. Afterwards things usually get back to normal and we
all (or at least I do) go back to my usual postings.

Just my 2 cents

"rock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why so much nastiness here when all are supposed to be techs, or at
> least tech wannabe's?
> Now, if I am not mistaken, we are supposed to be customer service
> oriented, and should be calm and respectful to everyone, even when
> what we would really like to do is at times choke the living crud out
> of some of them, all the techs I have known in my life, and it has
> been a long life so far, have been kind people who really want to help
> another with their problems....
>
> But here there are some who seem to get a perverse thrill at being as
> nasty as they can with everyone and thus showing a very sad lack of
> maturity.
>
> Most who come here come to learn, and ask questions.
> Is it your right to belittle them because they don't know the answer?
> Is it your right to rant and rave at them, and to call them bad names?
> Is it your right to talk down to them and treat them like so much
> crap?
> Are you so much of a tech GOD that you don't have time to do anything
> but be mean and nasty, instead of passing your knowledge down to the
> next person?
>
> Isen't that what this newsgroup was formed for, to pass on the
> knowledge, and not your general ire over your life path?
>
> Come on people, even you do not have all of the answers, don't waste
> bandwidth showing your ignorance by posting nastygrams that have
> nothing to do with the questions except trying to show your supposed
> prowess in verbal abuse, or written as the case may be.
>
> It is not hard being a mean and nasty person, it is absurdly easy.
> It is much harder to suck it up and come back with a smile, and an
> anwer that actually corrects the problem and gets the job done!
>
> I appologize to anyone who takes umbrage at my little open note, but I
> am so tired of reading umpty little nasty posts to get to the meat of
> the matter, as far as i can tell there are no stupid people here.

RussS

I hear ya dood, but I guess at the end of it .... life goes on aye? Would
be nice if a little civility was kept, but at least I don't have to share a
workbench with someone who should know better.