Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > scandisk

scandisk

kevin

this is probably a dumb question but is there any way of runnig
scandisk on xp without having to restart the computer?
thanx

youngstr11

Yep, Uncheck the "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors box"

I figure you may know this already but to get to scan disk,
Open My Computer
Right Click on the drive you want to scan and select properties
Click on the tools Tab

"kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> this is probably a dumb question but is there any way of runnig
> scandisk on xp without having to restart the computer?
> thanx

Geoff

kevin wrote:
> this is probably a dumb question but is there any way of runnig
> scandisk on xp without having to restart the computer?
> thanx

you can run it read only mode in windows
it needs to lock the drive (and rightly so) and as you are using it as your
boot drive
so, no can do

Barry Watzman

Use Check Disk instead of scandisk.

Start/Run Chkdsk

kevin wrote:
> this is probably a dumb question but is there any way of runnig
> scandisk on xp without having to restart the computer?
> thanx

The Pugmaster

"Scandisk" is not in Win XP; they (Microsoft) inproved chkdsk which is the new "Scandisk"

The Pugmaster