Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > How do you stay current?

How do you stay current?

D V. Brown

What magazines, news letters and whatnot do you read to keep up on current
and future technology? I found that most of the mags I find on the news
stand deals mainly with MP3's and Gaming. What about real technology as it
applies to IT?

Thanks.

havinfun69nospam@yahoo.com

I get PC Magazine.

Gary

>What magazines, news letters and whatnot do you read to keep up on current
>and future technology? I found that most of the mags I find on the news
>stand deals mainly with MP3's and Gaming. What about real technology as it
>applies to IT?
>
>Thanks.

AG

"D V. Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What magazines, news letters and whatnot do you read to keep up on current
> and future technology? I found that most of the mags I find on the news
> stand deals mainly with MP3's and Gaming. What about real technology as it
> applies to IT?
>
> Thanks.

I get lots of email lists. Some are the Langa list www.langa.com and Tom's
Hardware newsletter from www.tomshardware.com Cnet has some good ones and
Chris Pirillo AKA the Lockergnome has several good ones too.

I also buy books. I've got 4 about Linux on my desk right now, one about
routing and switching, one about Qmail and the Linux version of "Upgrading
and Repairing PCs". That and a Bible but that has nothing to do with
computers.
AG

D V. Brown

I will start some subscriptions and update my library of comp knowledge.

Thanks again