Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > hard drive reminder

hard drive reminder

Edsa

Can anyone help me with this hard drive probem please?

I have added a second eide hard drive onto eide channel one as the slave
drive. The master drive has 40GB, the second has 80GB. I am running
Windows xp pro.

After restarting the PC both drives are recognised in the BIOS and in Disk
Manager. The problem is that only half of the space on the second drive is
recognised, therefore I am missing 40GB of space.

LBA is enabled for the disk in the BIOS. The master drive is NTFS.

thanks in advance

Ed

AG

Have you FDISKED the new drive?
I recently had an 80 gig drive that kept formatting as 8 no matter what I
did or what computer I put it on. I finally used the disk that came with
the Maxtor drive to format it. I was impressed by how well the software
worked. It would have formatted it in just about any format that I wanted
including NTFS.
AG
"Edsa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkpsof$jh8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone help me with this hard drive probem please?
>
> I have added a second eide hard drive onto eide channel one as the slave
> drive. The master drive has 40GB, the second has 80GB. I am running
> Windows xp pro.
>
> After restarting the PC both drives are recognised in the BIOS and in Disk
> Manager. The problem is that only half of the space on the second drive

is
> recognised, therefore I am missing 40GB of space.
>
> LBA is enabled for the disk in the BIOS. The master drive is NTFS.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Ed

Edsa

Sorted AG it wasn't exactly what you said, but it got me thinking in the
right direction, cheers!!
"AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f707e40$0$51796$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Have you FDISKED the new drive?
> I recently had an 80 gig drive that kept formatting as 8 no matter what I
> did or what computer I put it on. I finally used the disk that came with
> the Maxtor drive to format it. I was impressed by how well the software
> worked. It would have formatted it in just about any format that I wanted
> including NTFS.
> AG
> "Edsa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bkpsof$jh8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone help me with this hard drive probem please?
> >
> > I have added a second eide hard drive onto eide channel one as the slave
> > drive. The master drive has 40GB, the second has 80GB. I am running
> > Windows xp pro.
> >
> > After restarting the PC both drives are recognised in the BIOS and in

Disk
> > Manager. The problem is that only half of the space on the second drive

> is
> > recognised, therefore I am missing 40GB of space.
> >
> > LBA is enabled for the disk in the BIOS. The master drive is NTFS.
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > Ed

Joel Whitburn, Jr.

"Edsa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bkpsof$jh8$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can anyone help me with this hard drive probem please?

Did your new drive come with overlay software?

Joel