Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > A+ Classes

A+ Classes

somebodyŽ

How long (in weeks) do most A+ classes last to completely cover the
subject? There are schools near me that are 8 days, full time and some
are 30+ days. What is everyone's opinion, on how long the training
should be for someone new or with minimal experience? Thanks for reading

DaveL

My take? If you are experienced with computers the 8 day course would be
fine. Since you are new to the field then go for the 30 day course. I have
15 years experience and still needed to study for a couple of months (not
every day) before I felt I was ready.

Dave

"somebodyŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How long (in weeks) do most A+ classes last to completely cover the
> subject? There are schools near me that are 8 days, full time and some
> are 30+ days. What is everyone's opinion, on how long the training
> should be for someone new or with minimal experience? Thanks for reading

Barry Watzman

Are you learning the stuff or just reviewing for the exam?

Learning the stuff from scratch could take semesters, not days.

somebodyŽ wrote:

> How long (in weeks) do most A+ classes last to completely cover the
> subject? There are schools near me that are 8 days, full time and some
> are 30+ days. What is everyone's opinion, on how long the training
> should be for someone new or with minimal experience? Thanks for reading

somebodyŽ

Thanks for the replies, I took the fast course due to scheduling issues. I did
not realize how in depth the subject was. It was geared towards those in the
field wanting to be certified. I did learn a lot, but a slower-longer- pace
would have been better for me with limited experience. I hope to take the tests
soon, core then os since os will be harder. I wanted a better idea how other
courses were in different areas.

Classes within classes David ASP .Net 2 07-22-2005 07:13 PM
What is the difference between nested classes and inner classes ? Razvan Java 5 07-27-2004 07:59 PM
Modifiers applied to attributes, local variables, member functions, classes and inncer classes ! Razvan Java 11 07-17-2004 08:57 PM
Can I using reflection to get all child classes or classes undera package dynamically? Carfield Yim Java 1 05-31-2004 05:33 PM
How to access inner classes variables & methods from outer classes lonelyplanet999 Java 1 11-13-2003 01:54 PM

Advertisments