Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > question about the swen virus

question about the swen virus

Dwayne Epps

I've been getting quite a few of the microsoft security patch emails that is
the swen virus. I delete them immediately as I recieve them. Still, I have
continued to get new microsoft swen virus emails. It has slowed down, but I
wanted to see if there is a way to check my system without a anti-virus
program to determine if I have the virus. I have a built-in firewall
through my router, but I know that isn't fullproof against a virus. Is
there a way to check within the registry to see if I have been infected by
the swen virus? What is the patch from Microsoft that I should install to
protect against this virus? I'm running Win2000. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
-D-

Ghost

In article <dM4bb.1792$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Dwayne Epps"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've been getting quite a few of the microsoft security patch emails that is
> the swen virus. I delete them immediately as I recieve them. Still, I have
> continued to get new microsoft swen virus emails. It has slowed down, but I
> wanted to see if there is a way to check my system without a anti-virus
> program to determine if I have the virus. I have a built-in firewall
> through my router, but I know that isn't fullproof against a virus. Is
> there a way to check within the registry to see if I have been infected by
> the swen virus? What is the patch from Microsoft that I should install to
> protect against this virus? I'm running Win2000. Any help is appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.
> -D-

go to SARC.COM

Jerry

I use a free program called Eprompter to screen my mail it looks at the mail
while it is still on the sever and you can have it deleted before you even
download it to your computer. That way you don't waste time waiting for all
those stupid pictures and attachments to download.

news:dM4bb.1792$(E-Mail Removed).. .

the swen virus pat Computer Support 6 10-05-2003 03:42 PM
[SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter out Swen emails with M$ Outlook Express Thore Schmechtig Computer Security 17 09-27-2003 01:50 PM
[SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6 Thore Schmechtig Computer Security 19 09-27-2003 03:26 AM
Virus (Swen) oplossing ! (Bla) bla Computer Support 0 09-22-2003 12:51 PM
Swen virus - Block Message Rule - How To... Boomer Computer Support 11 09-20-2003 03:24 AM

Advertisments