Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Could someone help me please!

Could someone help me please!

_gerb

Hi, I hope somebody could help me with this problem.

1gb processor
256 memory
windows me (no, thats not the problem <g>)
cordless keyboard & mouse (latest drivers installed)

when double clicking the internet explorer icon on desktop and taskbar.
nothing happens, I get the egg timer mouse cursor but the program does not
fire up. I can only connect to the net through microsoft money. There is a
shortcut key on the keyboard for web homepage, when pressing that I still
get nothing.

Could this problem be something to do with the keyboard? it worked fine for
about 2 months then the problem started. Or could it be microsoft money?

If anyone could suggest any ideas as to solve this problem, It would be
great!!

Thanks in anticiptation.

Simon.

Ghost

In article <bk8178$87t$(E-Mail Removed)>, "_gerb"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi, I hope somebody could help me with this problem.
>
> 1gb processor
> 256 memory
> windows me (no, thats not the problem <g>)
> cordless keyboard & mouse (latest drivers installed)
>

> when double clicking the internet explorer icon on desktop and taskbar.
> nothing happens, I get the egg timer mouse cursor but the program does not
> fire up. I can only connect to the net through microsoft money. There is a
> shortcut key on the keyboard for web homepage, when pressing that I still
> get nothing.
>
> Could this problem be something to do with the keyboard? it worked fine for
> about 2 months then the problem started. Or could it be microsoft money?
>
> If anyone could suggest any ideas as to solve this problem, It would be
> great!!
>
> Thanks in anticiptation.
>
> Simon.

Dude.. there are so many possible causes... check for viruses with a GOOD
antivirus program...

Joel Whitburn, Jr.

"_gerb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bk8178$87t$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi, I hope somebody could help me with this problem.
>
> 1gb processor
> 256 memory
> windows me (no, thats not the problem <g>)
> cordless keyboard & mouse (latest drivers installed)
>

> when double clicking the internet explorer icon on desktop and
> taskbar. nothing happens, I get the egg timer mouse cursor but the
> program does not fire up. I can only connect to the net through
> microsoft money. There is a shortcut key on the keyboard for web
> homepage, when pressing that I still get nothing.
>
> Could this problem be something to do with the keyboard? it worked
> fine for about 2 months then the problem started. Or could it be
> microsoft money?
>
> If anyone could suggest any ideas as to solve this problem, It would
> be great!!
>
> Thanks in anticiptation.
>
> Simon.

A file connected with IE got zotsed. Reinstalling IE will fix your
problem. (Backup your bookmarks thought...)

Joel

_gerb

Thanks for the input guys, I'll let you know how I get on.