Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Adaptive/Linear?

Adaptive/Linear?

Mike Smith

Hello,

I just discovered that the current adaptive A+ tests end this Thursday,
September 11th. Beginning on September 12th, the tests becomes linear,
which means 80 questions instead of 15 to 20 questions. Even though the
test becomes linear, I believe it keeps the current 2001 objectives until
sometime in November when it begins to use the new 2003 objectives.

What exactly does this all this mean? How does the linear test compare to
the adaptive test? Do I need to do anything differently to prepare for it?
I've been waiting on voucher numbers from my employer, which only just
arrived late last week, before scheduling the test. I believe I need some
more time to prepare for the test, especially the OS exam, so there is no
way I'll be ready by this Thursday. I guess that means I'm going to have to
take the linear test.

Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Mike

RussS

All that is means is that it will take you maybe an hour for the exam
instead of the 5 minutes it used to take. Of course the exam may start to
gain some respect once more now that b/s adaptive failure is past.
If you have prepared well there should be no problems for you.

Tom MacIntyre

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:28:23 +1200, "RussS" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>All that is means is that it will take you maybe an hour for the exam
>instead of the 5 minutes it used to take. Of course the exam may start to
>gain some respect once more now that b/s adaptive failure is past.
>If you have prepared well there should be no problems for you.

If the new linear test is similar to the old ones, it may be possible
to do both together in well under an hour also. Sometimes, when one
doesn't have time to spare, one has to rush.

Tom

Ghost

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:28:23 +1200, "RussS" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >All that is means is that it will take you maybe an hour for the exam
> >instead of the 5 minutes it used to take. Of course the exam may start to
> >gain some respect once more now that b/s adaptive failure is past.
> >If you have prepared well there should be no problems for you.
> >

> If the new linear test is similar to the old ones, it may be possible
> to do both together in well under an hour also. Sometimes, when one
> doesn't have time to spare, one has to rush.
>
> Tom

I took mine under the old exam system... I seem to recall I did both
exams consecutively in about 20-25 minutes for both exams (about 10
minutes or so each)

Tom MacIntyre

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:20:52 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Ghost) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:28:23 +1200, "RussS" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >All that is means is that it will take you maybe an hour for the exam
>> >instead of the 5 minutes it used to take. Of course the exam may start to
>> >gain some respect once more now that b/s adaptive failure is past.
>> >If you have prepared well there should be no problems for you.
>> >

>> If the new linear test is similar to the old ones, it may be possible
>> to do both together in well under an hour also. Sometimes, when one
>> doesn't have time to spare, one has to rush.
>>
>> Tom

>I took mine under the old exam system... I seem to recall I did both
>exams consecutively in about 20-25 minutes for both exams (about 10
>minutes or so each)

I live in a small city, not much traffic...left work (electronics
repair business), drove to the testing center, about 3/4 mile, was
processed very quickly, did both full tests and 2 betas for each, got
my results, drove home with the good news for my wife, 1.25 miles...35
minutes total. Then I went back to work (why I rushed, mainly, in the
first place). I don't like to waste time when it can be avoided.

Tom

Ghost

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:20:52 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Ghost) wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> >> If the new linear test is similar to the old ones, it may be possible
> >> to do both together in well under an hour also. Sometimes, when one
> >> doesn't have time to spare, one has to rush.
> >>
> >> Tom

> >I took mine under the old exam system... I seem to recall I did both
> >exams consecutively in about 20-25 minutes for both exams (about 10
> >minutes or so each)

> I live in a small city, not much traffic...left work (electronics
> repair business), drove to the testing center, about 3/4 mile, was
> processed very quickly, did both full tests and 2 betas for each, got
> my results, drove home with the good news for my wife, 1.25 miles...35
> minutes total. Then I went back to work (why I rushed, mainly, in the
> first place). I don't like to waste time when it can be avoided.
>
> Tom

Oh yeah???

Well, *I* drove past the speed of light, got to the testing center before
I left home, finished both tests, cleaned up the testing center, drove
back home past the speed of light again, went back to bed beofre I took
the exams, and passed them both before I woke up!

lol