Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Can deleted emails in Outlook Express 6 be recovered?

Can deleted emails in Outlook Express 6 be recovered?

Tony

My friend deleted some email and then proceded to empty the deleted folder. Is it possible, at this
point, to recover any of those emails?

Tony

Ghost

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> My friend deleted some email and then proceded to empty the deleted

folder. Is it possible, at this
> point, to recover any of those emails?
>
> Tony

Generally, no. Perhaps with a forensic examination, but even then it is iffy.

Tom MacIntyre

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:19:21 GMT, Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My friend deleted some email and then proceded to empty the deleted folder. Is it possible, at this
>point, to recover any of those emails?
>
>Tony

Back in the old DOS days, Norton Disk Editor would do this quite
well...

There have been programs (Lost and Found is one that comes to mind)
that will do this to a limited degree, but I don't know how effective
they are.

Tom

Ghost

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:19:21 GMT, Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >My friend deleted some email and then proceded to empty the deleted

folder. Is it possible, at this
> >point, to recover any of those emails?
> >
> >Tony

> Back in the old DOS days, Norton Disk Editor would do this quite
> well...
>
> There have been programs (Lost and Found is one that comes to mind)
> that will do this to a limited degree, but I don't know how effective
> they are.
>
> Tom

Actually, not really... Emails are not saved as seperate files on a HDD..
they are part of an existing file (email box). That file is rewritten
when you close the mail program. In most cases without a forensics
examination, you will not recover those lost emails- even in DOS.

In many cases, even with a forensics examination you will not recover the
files either.

Basically, if the email still resides in slack space, it might be able to
recovered.