Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > dual booting

dual booting

Adam Ross

Ok, when it comes to dual booting say WIN95 with WIN98, i CANT do that on
the same drive, but I CAN on two different drives?
I'm confused between dual partitions and dual drives. What do i look at when
dual booting? HELP!
THANX

Adam Ross

but win9x and 2k cant run simultaneously right?

i know this is a crazy question, but im assuming A+ test wont have these
nutty dual-boot questions TOO much huh? its a bit vague.

"Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wwK5b.8555$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Basically you need to use a third party boot manager because 95 an 98
> try to use the same file to boot. The boot manager will (in effect)
> hide the other partition or drive.
> Fairly good read.
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217210
> Can anyone recommend a free boot manager?
>
> "Adam Ross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ok, when it comes to dual booting say WIN95 with WIN98, i CANT do

> that on
> > the same drive, but I CAN on two different drives?
> > I'm confused between dual partitions and dual drives. What do i look

> at when
> > dual booting? HELP!
> > THANX

Lee M. Reiff

If you want a great boot manager, download Linux. There is no better way
to dual boot. Good luck.

Networking with dual booting Thomas Wireless Networking 1 03-13-2005 12:03 AM
Dual Booting XP Thomas Wireless Networking 2 02-26-2005 11:32 PM
Dual Booting Naveed Anwar MCSE 13 09-09-2004 09:30 PM
Dual Booting 2000 and 2003 molsonexpert MCSE 14 06-12-2004 07:17 AM

Advertisments