Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > where can I find this driver?

where can I find this driver?

Noah

I have done a clean install of Windows 2000 on a Dell Inspiron 3800
notebook. In my device manager, a driver for the PCI simple
communications has not loaded. I no longer have the system cd and I
have searched Dell's website but cannot find the proper driver. Does
anyone know where I can get this? If anyone has this machine and would
like to send me the inf file - it would be most appreciated. Thank you
in advance.

RussS

If not on dell - try www.driverguide.com or http://www.drivershq.com/

Simon Telrenner

btw, that is your modem, and if you can't find the driver, then replace the
modem. The ones in the dell weren't that great anyhow.

Systems Administrator
Coordinated Home Care
remove me to email to me
"Noah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have done a clean install of Windows 2000 on a Dell Inspiron 3800
> notebook. In my device manager, a driver for the PCI simple
> communications has not loaded. I no longer have the system cd and I
> have searched Dell's website but cannot find the proper driver. Does
> anyone know where I can get this? If anyone has this machine and would
> like to send me the inf file - it would be most appreciated. Thank you
> in advance.

jumbojim12345REMOVETHIS@lycos.com

go here:
http://www.mit-lcs.lkams.kernel.org/...winxp/sysutil/
and download unknowndevices.zip
run it and see exactly what the device it called and look for a
another compatible driver.

Jumbojim

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 04:04:27 GMT, "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It's not here? Watch the line wrap.
>http://support.dell.com/filelib/Devi...S_PNT_CEL_3800
>"Noah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>> I have done a clean install of Windows 2000 on a Dell Inspiron 3800
>> notebook. In my device manager, a driver for the PCI simple
>> communications has not loaded. I no longer have the system cd and I
>> have searched Dell's website but cannot find the proper driver. Does
>> anyone know where I can get this? If anyone has this machine and

>would
>> like to send me the inf file - it would be most appreciated. Thank

>you
>> in advance.

jonny bravo

BTW nice link....

--
Jonny Bravo
Some Do, Some Don't, Some Will, Some Won't...I Might...

---