Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Connection problem

Re: Connection problem

Ghost

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "JK_Deth"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_019B_01C36B25.D3EBBDF0
>
> I feel for ya Kathy!
> As a part of current, I do all the after hours techsupport for an ISP =
> and I get that sort of thing several times a week. People that don't =
> believe you, people who insist they haven't done things I know they have =
> done, people who insist they have done things I've asked them too when I =
> know they haven't.
> The worst are the ones who know "someone" who is "good with computers =
> and he says" ...

Damn near every customer I have has a brother-in-law who is a computer
genius, and a neighbor kid down the street who can do the same job for ten
bucks!

NerdBoy

Damn how I hate that line !!! ****es me off big time, and what is worse is
when you have spent an inordinate amount of time on their problem and they
get mad when you say you will charge them, because they are FAMILY, and by
God they should get it for free (I'm giving an exact quote here of a family
member's conversation with me )

"JK_Deth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yep had few sister-in-laws as well. One line I here pretty frequently goes
> like this:
>
> My (insert in-law, uncle, cousin, uncle's cousin's in-law, etc) works with
> computer and he makes (insert atronomically high figure per

hour/week/year)
> and he (or she) says there's nothing wrong with my computer.

Simon Telrenner

My usual response to that one is "Then why are you calling me?"

Systems Administrator
Coordinated Home Care
remove me to email to me

)