Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > ip address config

ip address config

Adam Ross

I connect to the internet thru a cable company.

How come my ip address is a low first number, like in the 30's, but
according to the subnet mask right underneath of it, it is telling me its a
class c network. This must be a class A network, right?
-subnet mask is 255.255.252.0

Bret

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:20:11 -0400, "Adam Ross"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I connect to the internet thru a cable company.
>
>How come my ip address is a low first number, like in the 30's, but
>according to the subnet mask right underneath of it, it is telling me its a
>class c network. This must be a class A network, right?
>-subnet mask is 255.255.252.0

The mask only tells which part of the address is local.