Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > cleaning out files

cleaning out files

Dwayne Epps

I routinely go and empty out my browser history, cache, temp file, run disk
cleanup, etc., but I understand that the files aren't actually getting
deleted. I also heard that the same is true for Outlook emails that have
been deleted and newsgroup emails. I was curious about this because I've
noticed my hard drive space increasing at a faster rate than I would have
anticipated. Is it true that .dat files can be a cause of this and that the
files deleted from browser history, cache, temp, etc. can be deleted
properly from within the DOS shell? Is this true? I was looking for any
online articles or a better way to clean out all of these types of files.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Cleaning out cache History Fan Firefox 5 11-16-2005 09:34 AM
Cleaning out stored images and pics?? Eddie Computer Support 5 04-22-2005 03:31 PM
Cleaning Out Registry. Patrick D. Rockwell Computer Support 30 05-16-2004 06:42 AM
Cleaning out Windows Temp Folder rfdjr1@optonline.net Computer Support 32 10-16-2003 08:47 PM
Cleaning out the garbage Haveajellybaby Computer Support 5 06-26-2003 02:23 PM

Advertisments