Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > New Power Supply

New Power Supply

dan

I have just installed a new power supply in my P2 350 running Win98 and it
is working except it is not recognizing my CD or Zip drives.

The drives are working, ie the power lights come on and they accept and
eject discs.

What the heck have I forgotten.

dan

Thanks Glenn that was embarrassingly simple.

"Glenn (SBfan2000)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> make sure you didn't bump cables while replacing the PS! Sounds like

loose
> IDE cables!
>

> "dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:suh%a.2901$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have just installed a new power supply in my P2 350 running Win98 and

it
> > is working except it is not recognizing my CD or Zip drives.
> >
> > The drives are working, ie the power lights come on and they accept and
> > eject discs.
> >

> > What the heck have I forgotten.

RJ

Sounds like your IDE cable(s) are either not connected properly, not
connected at all, broken, or something more expensive to fix

First check in your BIOS to see if it might simply be detecting the
devices incorrectly, then check your cables and connections. Shouldn't be
more than that.

Good Luck