Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Recording BIOS settings?

Recording BIOS settings?

Kenny

Have been asked by a friend if there's any utility which will record current
BIOS settings, perhaps as a text file, to avoid manually writing them all
down before flashing it. I don't know, is there?

--

Kenny

Kenny

Never thought of that, thanks.

--

Kenny

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eiUYa.1220$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> "Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bh11vp$tameb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Have been asked by a friend if there's any utility which will record

> current
> > BIOS settings, perhaps as a text file, to avoid manually writing them

all
> > down before flashing it. I don't know, is there?
> >

> You can use "print screen" to print 'em out.

SgtMinor

A useful shareware utility is CMOSsave, $10, from Canadian Mind
Products: http://mindprod.com/products.html

Lots of other utilities too.

Kenny wrote:

> Have been asked by a friend if there's any utility which will record current
> BIOS settings, perhaps as a text file, to avoid manually writing them all
> down before flashing it. I don't know, is there?
>
> --
>
> Kenny

Shepİ

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:46:07 +0100, In this world we created "Kenny"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Have been asked by a friend if there's any utility which will record current
>BIOS settings, perhaps as a text file, to avoid manually writing them all
>down before flashing it. I don't know, is there?

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/html/tu...rial.php/id/69

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Barry Watzman

However, some modern PC printers operate in graphics mode exclusively
and cannot print ASCII characters, that is, they are dependent on
Windows device drivers. Also, most BIOS' can't use "print screen" with
USB printers.

So this trick won't work with some newer printers.

> It works because "print screen" use a BIOS call and doesn't depend on an
> OS to be loaded. Some of the graphic chars. may be gibberish and it may take
> a form feed to get the page out, but the text and settings should appear
> fine.
>
> "Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bh141e$t947q$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>
>>Never thought of that, thanks.
>>
>>--
>>
>>Kenny
>>

>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:eiUYa.1220$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
>>
>>>"Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:bh11vp$tameb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

>>>current

>>all

>>> You can use "print screen" to print 'em out.
>>>

> \

Gary G. Taylor

Barry Watzman wrote:

> However, some modern PC printers operate in graphics mode exclusively
> and cannot print ASCII characters, that is, they are dependent on
> Windows device drivers. Also, most BIOS' can't use "print screen" with
> USB printers.
>
> So this trick won't work with some newer printers.

The solution to which is to get an old dot matrix somethingorother from a
second hand shop and a parallel port card and shove it onto that.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

Simon Comeau Martel

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:46:07 +0100
"Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Have been asked by a friend if there's any utility which will record current
> BIOS settings, perhaps as a text file, to avoid manually writing them all
> down before flashing it. I don't know, is there?

The Ultimate Boot Disk allow you to do a backup of your CMOS settings IIRC

http://www.startdisk.com/

--
Simon Comeau Martel
(E-Mail Removed)

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > Have been asked by a friend if there's any utility which will record

> current
> > BIOS settings, perhaps as a text file, to avoid manually writing them all
> > down before flashing it. I don't know, is there?
> >

> You can use "print screen" to print 'em out.

Not with a usb printer

Tom MacIntyre

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:14:01 -0700, "Ken Blake"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:eiUYa.1220$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net,
>(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>
>> "Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bh11vp$tameb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>> Have been asked by a friend if there's any utility which will record
>>> current BIOS settings, perhaps as a text file, to avoid manually
>>> writing them all down before flashing it. I don't know, is there?
>>>

>> You can use "print screen" to print 'em out.

>Maybe. It requires that you don't have a winprinter and it requires
>that you don't have a USB printer. The result is that for many people
>these days, you can *not* use PrintScrn.

Except under Windows...

Tom

Tom MacIntyre

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 09:22:58 -0700, "Ken Blake"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>Tom MacIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>
>> On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:14:01 -0700, "Ken Blake"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>In news:eiUYa.1220$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net,
>>>(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:

>>>Maybe. It requires that you don't have a winprinter and it requires
>>>that you don't have a USB printer. The result is that for many people
>>>these days, you can *not* use PrintScrn.

>> Except under Windows...

>If you read the paragraph I wrote above in isloation, of course what I said
>is inaccurate and your addition is correct. But read it in the context of the
>thread, as a reply to what's quoted above my message, and your reply adds
>nothing.
>
>Of *course*, "except under Windows." But we're not talking about Windows;
>we're talking about using PrintScrn from within the BIOS setup screens.

Ken...I hate it when I forget a smiley. It really does change the
context of a message, doesn't it?

Tom

Commands recording hakim soso Cisco 3 10-31-2004 09:22 PM
Recording BIOS settings? Kenny Computer Support 16 08-10-2003 07:20 PM
Recording BIOS settings? Kenny Computer Information 15 08-09-2003 06:58 PM