Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > cpu's clock speeds, etc.

cpu's clock speeds, etc.

Michael Hoffman

Do I have to mentally digest all the tables of cpu clock speeds / cache
sizes / multipliers etc?

I can manage either way, but having to memorize row after row of obsolete
cpus is a bit time consuming .. seems like quite a bit of opportunity to
make a silly mistake, like 66 bus speed instead of 60 etc.. Same could be
true for motherboard chipsets I suppose, although the All in One book
doesn't seem to spend too much time on that.

RussS

Nope - just as long as you understand multipliers and can do the equation.