Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Mike Myers Book?

Mike Myers Book?

steven

I was wondering if anyone has used the practice test in Mike
Myers "A+ Certification Fourth Edition"? Are there better tests to
practice with out there? I've read that freecomptia practice tests are
not very reliable. I've taken two of the tests from his book and
scored 88, and then 94 after reading the book through once. I have
some experience hands on, but there were still things in the book that
were new to me. Thanks for the help..

Steven

Tony Sivori

steven wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has used the practice test in Mike
> Myers "A+ Certification Fourth Edition"? Are there better tests to
> practice with out there? I've read that freecomptia practice tests are
> not very reliable. I've taken two of the tests from his book and
> scored 88, and then 94 after reading the book through once. I have
> some experience hands on, but there were still things in the book that
> were new to me. Thanks for the help..
>
> Steven

Most people over rely on practice tests. Just learn the material and you
will do fine. If you are scoring in 90's with Mike's practice tests set in
adaptive mode, you should be ready for the real test.

--
Tony Sivori

Sean Cleary

"Tony Sivori" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bgdtc6$no8tk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>...
> steven wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone has used the practice test in Mike
> > Myers "A+ Certification Fourth Edition"? Are there better tests to
> > practice with out there? I've read that freecomptia practice tests are
> > not very reliable. I've taken two of the tests from his book and
> > scored 88, and then 94 after reading the book through once. I have
> > some experience hands on, but there were still things in the book that
> > were new to me. Thanks for the help..
> >
> > Steven

> Most people over rely on practice tests. Just learn the material and you
> will do fine. If you are scoring in 90's with Mike's practice tests set in
> adaptive mode, you should be ready for the real test.

Make a note of what material you fail in your first test and
concentrate on that. There is a problem in simply memorizing the test
answers. Also consider getting another book, I used both Mike's book,
his passport book and Charles J. Brooks bigger book. Please get the
erata for these -- it will not cover all mistakes in the book, but it
will cover many. and the practice tests have some errors too.

Sean

The Kanye West show was Mike Myers SECOND awkward live tv moment heinzmenses@hotmail.com Digital Photography 31 09-12-2005 08:54 PM
Mike Myers Sanic A+ Certification 0 11-24-2003 10:31 PM
mike myers a+ RJ A+ Certification 2 11-06-2003 10:15 PM
Mike Myers 70-293 Book Brian MCSA 2 08-04-2003 01:10 PM
Mike Myers Ronnie Broyles A+ Certification 0 08-02-2003 09:56 PM

Advertisments